Arms, explosives recovered from slain terrorists in J&K
Jammu: Army troops have recovered arms, ammunition and explosive materials including two AK series rifles from the possession of two slain infiltrating militants, officials said on Sunday.
The militants were killed yesterday, when Army troops foiled their infiltration bid along LoC in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir, in which one jawan suffered injuries.
During search of the Kalsia area after conclusion of encounter, 2 AK series rifles, 240 rounds, 8 magazines of AK rifle, one UBGL, 2 UBGL grenades, 3 hand grenades, 1 Claymore mine, 2 detonators, 1 packet explosives, 3 rucksack and one handy cam, a defence spokesman said today.
A group of four militants were seen moving inside Indian territory along LoC in forward belt Kalsia in Poonch district, an Army officer said.
Army troops guarding the borderline picked up movement of the?infiltrating militant group and challenged them, he said adding that they opened firing on the troops, who retaliated, resulting in exchanges.
In the encounter that followed, two militants were killed and?one jawan suffered injuries and was hospitalised, officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda