Arms, explosives recovered from slain terrorists in J&K
Jammu: Army troops have recovered arms, ammunition and explosive materials including two AK series rifles from the possession of two slain infiltrating militants, officials said on Sunday.
The militants were killed yesterday, when Army troops foiled their infiltration bid along LoC in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir, in which one jawan suffered injuries.
During search of the Kalsia area after conclusion of encounter, 2 AK series rifles, 240 rounds, 8 magazines of AK rifle, one UBGL, 2 UBGL grenades, 3 hand grenades, 1 Claymore mine, 2 detonators, 1 packet explosives, 3 rucksack and one handy cam, a defence spokesman said today.
A group of four militants were seen moving inside Indian territory along LoC in forward belt Kalsia in Poonch district, an Army officer said.
Army troops guarding the borderline picked up movement of the?infiltrating militant group and challenged them, he said adding that they opened firing on the troops, who retaliated, resulting in exchanges.
In the encounter that followed, two militants were killed and?one jawan suffered injuries and was hospitalised, officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!