Arms, explosives recovered from slain terrorists in J&K
Jammu: Army troops have recovered arms, ammunition and explosive materials including two AK series rifles from the possession of two slain infiltrating militants, officials said on Sunday.
The militants were killed yesterday, when Army troops foiled their infiltration bid along LoC in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir, in which one jawan suffered injuries.
During search of the Kalsia area after conclusion of encounter, 2 AK series rifles, 240 rounds, 8 magazines of AK rifle, one UBGL, 2 UBGL grenades, 3 hand grenades, 1 Claymore mine, 2 detonators, 1 packet explosives, 3 rucksack and one handy cam, a defence spokesman said today.
A group of four militants were seen moving inside Indian territory along LoC in forward belt Kalsia in Poonch district, an Army officer said.
Army troops guarding the borderline picked up movement of the?infiltrating militant group and challenged them, he said adding that they opened firing on the troops, who retaliated, resulting in exchanges.
In the encounter that followed, two militants were killed and?one jawan suffered injuries and was hospitalised, officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'