Arms training for students in Kashmir
Rajouri: Army officials organised a special arms training camp here recently for students to counter militancy in the state.
Talking to mediapersons, the residents underlined the importance of arms training.
“It is very important for these children to learn the use of arms. It is beneficial for people living in the border areas because this is a militancy-affected area, so these children should have the knowledge of using pistols. This would be helpful for their as well as their family’s protection,” Archana, a resident, said.
Army officials said students and teachers enthusiastically attended the training camp to learn the handling of hi-tech weapons used by the armed forces to combat militant attacks.
"The students have shown ample interest in learning the techniques and process of using these arms and the girls were enthusiastically asking about the equipment. These children have the courage to show their talent," Sahib Singh, an Army personnel, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video