Arms training for students in Kashmir
Rajouri: Army officials organised a special arms training camp here recently for students to counter militancy in the state.
Talking to mediapersons, the residents underlined the importance of arms training.
“It is very important for these children to learn the use of arms. It is beneficial for people living in the border areas because this is a militancy-affected area, so these children should have the knowledge of using pistols. This would be helpful for their as well as their family’s protection,” Archana, a resident, said.
Army officials said students and teachers enthusiastically attended the training camp to learn the handling of hi-tech weapons used by the armed forces to combat militant attacks.
"The students have shown ample interest in learning the techniques and process of using these arms and the girls were enthusiastically asking about the equipment. These children have the courage to show their talent," Sahib Singh, an Army personnel, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...