Arms training for students in Kashmir
Rajouri: Army officials organised a special arms training camp here recently for students to counter militancy in the state.
Talking to mediapersons, the residents underlined the importance of arms training.
“It is very important for these children to learn the use of arms. It is beneficial for people living in the border areas because this is a militancy-affected area, so these children should have the knowledge of using pistols. This would be helpful for their as well as their family’s protection,” Archana, a resident, said.
Army officials said students and teachers enthusiastically attended the training camp to learn the handling of hi-tech weapons used by the armed forces to combat militant attacks.
"The students have shown ample interest in learning the techniques and process of using these arms and the girls were enthusiastically asking about the equipment. These children have the courage to show their talent," Sahib Singh, an Army personnel, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam