Army adopts militancy hit-girl child in J&K
Jammu: The Army took responsibility on itself of educating a girl child, whose father was killed by the militants in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Army`s counter insurgency force--Rashtriya Rifles Battalion, based in Bagga area of the district, took the responsibility of education of Afroz Banoo, whose father Roshandin was killed by militants in Gulabgarh bowl, defence sources said.
The girl, a Class VI student at the Government Middle School in Tuksan, would be sponsored by the Battalion for paying of school fees, books and uniform for her entire schooling.
Officials of the Rashtriya Rifles Battalion met the girl`s family members and conveyed them good wishes for her bright future, besides promising any kind of assistance from the Army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31