Army adopts militancy hit-girl child in J&K
Jammu: The Army took responsibility on itself of educating a girl child, whose father was killed by the militants in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Army`s counter insurgency force--Rashtriya Rifles Battalion, based in Bagga area of the district, took the responsibility of education of Afroz Banoo, whose father Roshandin was killed by militants in Gulabgarh bowl, defence sources said.
The girl, a Class VI student at the Government Middle School in Tuksan, would be sponsored by the Battalion for paying of school fees, books and uniform for her entire schooling.
Officials of the Rashtriya Rifles Battalion met the girl`s family members and conveyed them good wishes for her bright future, besides promising any kind of assistance from the Army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!