Army adopts militancy hit-girl child in J&K
Jammu: The Army took responsibility on itself of educating a girl child, whose father was killed by the militants in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Army`s counter insurgency force--Rashtriya Rifles Battalion, based in Bagga area of the district, took the responsibility of education of Afroz Banoo, whose father Roshandin was killed by militants in Gulabgarh bowl, defence sources said.
The girl, a Class VI student at the Government Middle School in Tuksan, would be sponsored by the Battalion for paying of school fees, books and uniform for her entire schooling.
Officials of the Rashtriya Rifles Battalion met the girl`s family members and conveyed them good wishes for her bright future, besides promising any kind of assistance from the Army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why