Army adopts militancy hit-girl child in J&K
Jammu: The Army took responsibility on itself of educating a girl child, whose father was killed by the militants in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Army`s counter insurgency force--Rashtriya Rifles Battalion, based in Bagga area of the district, took the responsibility of education of Afroz Banoo, whose father Roshandin was killed by militants in Gulabgarh bowl, defence sources said.
The girl, a Class VI student at the Government Middle School in Tuksan, would be sponsored by the Battalion for paying of school fees, books and uniform for her entire schooling.
Officials of the Rashtriya Rifles Battalion met the girl`s family members and conveyed them good wishes for her bright future, besides promising any kind of assistance from the Army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred