Army adopts militancy hit-girl child in J&K
Jammu: The Army took responsibility on itself of educating a girl child, whose father was killed by the militants in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Army`s counter insurgency force--Rashtriya Rifles Battalion, based in Bagga area of the district, took the responsibility of education of Afroz Banoo, whose father Roshandin was killed by militants in Gulabgarh bowl, defence sources said.
The girl, a Class VI student at the Government Middle School in Tuksan, would be sponsored by the Battalion for paying of school fees, books and uniform for her entire schooling.
Officials of the Rashtriya Rifles Battalion met the girl`s family members and conveyed them good wishes for her bright future, besides promising any kind of assistance from the Army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi