Army airlifts injured civilian to GMC in Jammu
Jammu: Army has airlifted a seriously injured person from Reasi district to Government Medical College (GMC) hospital here for specialised treatment.
Khushi Mohammad, a resident of Chaladh village in the district, had gone to collect firewood when he slipped and fell into 30-meter deep gorge resulting in serious head injuries to him yesterday, a defence spokesman said here today.
The villager shifted him to nearby Army camp of Rashtriya Rifles Battalion located at Sarh, where he was provided timely medical first aid, the spokesman said.
The Commanding Officer(CO) of the camp informed the matter to the District Commissioner Reasi, Nirmal Sharma, who sent a requisition to concerned authorities for timely evacuation of the injured by Indian Air Force(IAF) helicopter.
The injured was airlifted to GMC hospital here and is stated to be out of danger, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days