Army airlifts injured civilian to GMC in Jammu
Jammu: Army has airlifted a seriously injured person from Reasi district to Government Medical College (GMC) hospital here for specialised treatment.
Khushi Mohammad, a resident of Chaladh village in the district, had gone to collect firewood when he slipped and fell into 30-meter deep gorge resulting in serious head injuries to him yesterday, a defence spokesman said here today.
The villager shifted him to nearby Army camp of Rashtriya Rifles Battalion located at Sarh, where he was provided timely medical first aid, the spokesman said.
The Commanding Officer(CO) of the camp informed the matter to the District Commissioner Reasi, Nirmal Sharma, who sent a requisition to concerned authorities for timely evacuation of the injured by Indian Air Force(IAF) helicopter.
The injured was airlifted to GMC hospital here and is stated to be out of danger, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- 7th CPC: Who else is going to benefit from central govt employees' pay hike?
- Sanjeev Rajput wins silver in 50m Rifle 3 Positions
- Google Maps introduces HD satellite imagery from Landsat 8 – Enjoy the view!
- Black money window: I-T dept creates special tab on website
- India's growth may dip by 0.60% on Brexit, predicts Morgan Stanley