Army apprehends Pak national near LoC in Jammu
Jammu: A Pakistani national was apprehended on Tuesday by the army from near the Line of Control (LoC) in the Akhnoor belt of Jammu, a defence spokesperson said.
"One person was apprehended by the Army near the LC in general area Khour, Pallanwala, today," a defence spokesperson said.
"On observing a suspicious movement near LC at night, the alert troops launched a search operation during which a civilian was apprehended by the troops today," he added.
The person has been identified as Ahmed Khan, hailing from Beharia area near Chhamb of Pakistan.
"The civilian, aged between 45-50 years and apparently a labourer, has been identified as Ahmed Khan, son of Kasim Khan, resident of Beharia, near Chhamb in Pakistan," he said, adding, that the man was still being interrogated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February