Army apprehends Pak national near LoC in Jammu
Jammu: A Pakistani national was apprehended on Tuesday by the army from near the Line of Control (LoC) in the Akhnoor belt of Jammu, a defence spokesperson said.
"One person was apprehended by the Army near the LC in general area Khour, Pallanwala, today," a defence spokesperson said.
"On observing a suspicious movement near LC at night, the alert troops launched a search operation during which a civilian was apprehended by the troops today," he added.
The person has been identified as Ahmed Khan, hailing from Beharia area near Chhamb of Pakistan.
"The civilian, aged between 45-50 years and apparently a labourer, has been identified as Ahmed Khan, son of Kasim Khan, resident of Beharia, near Chhamb in Pakistan," he said, adding, that the man was still being interrogated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Chemical factory blast sends shock waves in Dombivali near Mumbai; 3 dead, over 100 injured
- HC stays Haryana government's decision to grant 10% reservation to Jats, 5 other communities
- Unveiled! First teaser poster of Riteish Deshmukh, Nargis Fakhri's 'Banjo' – View pic
- REVEALED: Harbhajan Singh tells what he told Aussies after which they stopped sledging him
- Facebook bids goodbye to desktop ad exchange