Army apprehends Pak national near LoC in Jammu
Jammu: A Pakistani national was apprehended on Tuesday by the army from near the Line of Control (LoC) in the Akhnoor belt of Jammu, a defence spokesperson said.
"One person was apprehended by the Army near the LC in general area Khour, Pallanwala, today," a defence spokesperson said.
"On observing a suspicious movement near LC at night, the alert troops launched a search operation during which a civilian was apprehended by the troops today," he added.
The person has been identified as Ahmed Khan, hailing from Beharia area near Chhamb of Pakistan.
"The civilian, aged between 45-50 years and apparently a labourer, has been identified as Ahmed Khan, son of Kasim Khan, resident of Beharia, near Chhamb in Pakistan," he said, adding, that the man was still being interrogated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...