Army briefs Omar about security situation in Kashmir
Srinagar: With escalation in militancy
related violence in Kashmir, a senior Army officer briefed
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah about the
general security situation in the valley.
General Officer commanding of Srinagar-based 15 Corps Lt
Gen N C Marwah yesterday had a meeting with Omar in which he
briefed him about the general security situation in the
valley, an official spokesman said today.
He said Marwah had about half-an-hour discussions with
the chief minister, he said.
The meeting comes close on the heels of two encounters in
Srinagar in which six JeM militants and a policeman were
While three JEM militants were killed in a gunbattle with
a joint search party of Police and Army at Maloora on October
27, three ultras riding a motorcycle were killed in an
encounter with police at Qammerwari in the city on Monday. A
policeman also lost his life during the encounter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?