Army briefs Omar about security situation in Kashmir
Srinagar: With escalation in militancy
related violence in Kashmir, a senior Army officer briefed
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah about the
general security situation in the valley.
General Officer commanding of Srinagar-based 15 Corps Lt
Gen N C Marwah yesterday had a meeting with Omar in which he
briefed him about the general security situation in the
valley, an official spokesman said today.
He said Marwah had about half-an-hour discussions with
the chief minister, he said.
The meeting comes close on the heels of two encounters in
Srinagar in which six JeM militants and a policeman were
While three JEM militants were killed in a gunbattle with
a joint search party of Police and Army at Maloora on October
27, three ultras riding a motorcycle were killed in an
encounter with police at Qammerwari in the city on Monday. A
policeman also lost his life during the encounter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?