Army busts hideout in Reasi, 2 kg RDX, IED recovered
Jammu: Army troops Monday busted a hideout
and recovered a cache of explosive material, including two kg of RDX powder and an Improvised Explosive Device (IED), in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir, officials said.
Acting on intelligence inputs, troops of 59 Rashtriya Rifles and CRPF launched a search operation in Patharian forest belt of Mahore tehsil in Reasi district and busted the hideout, they said.
The recoveries from the hideout included two kg of
RDX, an IED, some IED circuits, two electronic detonators,
three non-electronic detonators, an empty Rocket Launcher bomb
among other things.
Preliminary investigations suggest that the militants
were assembling IEDs for triggering blast in the area to
target security forces, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees