Army busts hideout in Reasi, 2 kg RDX, IED recovered
Jammu: Army troops Monday busted a hideout
and recovered a cache of explosive material, including two kg of RDX powder and an Improvised Explosive Device (IED), in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir, officials said.
Acting on intelligence inputs, troops of 59 Rashtriya Rifles and CRPF launched a search operation in Patharian forest belt of Mahore tehsil in Reasi district and busted the hideout, they said.
The recoveries from the hideout included two kg of
RDX, an IED, some IED circuits, two electronic detonators,
three non-electronic detonators, an empty Rocket Launcher bomb
among other things.
Preliminary investigations suggest that the militants
were assembling IEDs for triggering blast in the area to
target security forces, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India