Army busts hideout in Reasi, 2 kg RDX, IED recovered
Jammu: Army troops Monday busted a hideout
and recovered a cache of explosive material, including two kg of RDX powder and an Improvised Explosive Device (IED), in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir, officials said.
Acting on intelligence inputs, troops of 59 Rashtriya Rifles and CRPF launched a search operation in Patharian forest belt of Mahore tehsil in Reasi district and busted the hideout, they said.
The recoveries from the hideout included two kg of
RDX, an IED, some IED circuits, two electronic detonators,
three non-electronic detonators, an empty Rocket Launcher bomb
among other things.
Preliminary investigations suggest that the militants
were assembling IEDs for triggering blast in the area to
target security forces, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur