Army captures two infiltrating Pakistan militants
Srinagar: For the first time in two years, the Army has captured two infiltrating militants from Pakistan alive along the Line of Control in Tangdhar sector of Kashmir.
The militants were apprehended by Army troops guarding the LoC in Tangdhar yesterday, a defence spokesman said.
"Based on specific intelligence inputs, Army established cordon and surveillance points near LoC. The terrorists were challenged and overpowered by the brave troops," he said.
He said one pistol, two magazines, ammunition and identity cards issued by Pakistan-occupied Kashmir were among the various items recovered from the militants, who were handed over to local police.
This is for the first time in two years that the Army has apprehended infiltrating militants alive in Kashmir.
A militant from Karachi was last apprehended by the Army after a gun-battle near the LoC in October, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days