Army captures two infiltrating Pakistan militants
Srinagar: For the first time in two years, the Army has captured two infiltrating militants from Pakistan alive along the Line of Control in Tangdhar sector of Kashmir.
The militants were apprehended by Army troops guarding the LoC in Tangdhar yesterday, a defence spokesman said.
"Based on specific intelligence inputs, Army established cordon and surveillance points near LoC. The terrorists were challenged and overpowered by the brave troops," he said.
He said one pistol, two magazines, ammunition and identity cards issued by Pakistan-occupied Kashmir were among the various items recovered from the militants, who were handed over to local police.
This is for the first time in two years that the Army has apprehended infiltrating militants alive in Kashmir.
A militant from Karachi was last apprehended by the Army after a gun-battle near the LoC in October, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs