Army captures two infiltrating Pakistan militants
Srinagar: For the first time in two years, the Army has captured two infiltrating militants from Pakistan alive along the Line of Control in Tangdhar sector of Kashmir.
The militants were apprehended by Army troops guarding the LoC in Tangdhar yesterday, a defence spokesman said.
"Based on specific intelligence inputs, Army established cordon and surveillance points near LoC. The terrorists were challenged and overpowered by the brave troops," he said.
He said one pistol, two magazines, ammunition and identity cards issued by Pakistan-occupied Kashmir were among the various items recovered from the militants, who were handed over to local police.
This is for the first time in two years that the Army has apprehended infiltrating militants alive in Kashmir.
A militant from Karachi was last apprehended by the Army after a gun-battle near the LoC in October, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?