Army captures two infiltrating Pakistan militants
Srinagar: For the first time in two years, the Army has captured two infiltrating militants from Pakistan alive along the Line of Control in Tangdhar sector of Kashmir.
The militants were apprehended by Army troops guarding the LoC in Tangdhar yesterday, a defence spokesman said.
"Based on specific intelligence inputs, Army established cordon and surveillance points near LoC. The terrorists were challenged and overpowered by the brave troops," he said.
He said one pistol, two magazines, ammunition and identity cards issued by Pakistan-occupied Kashmir were among the various items recovered from the militants, who were handed over to local police.
This is for the first time in two years that the Army has apprehended infiltrating militants alive in Kashmir.
A militant from Karachi was last apprehended by the Army after a gun-battle near the LoC in October, 2011.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference