Army celebrates Vijay Diwas in J&K
Jammu: Vijay Diwas, India`s victory over
Pakistan in 1971 Bangladesh Liberation war, was on Friday
celebrated by the Army across Jammu and Kashmir.
The celebration commemorates the sacrifice made by Indian
soldiers and people of Bangladesh during the war.
To pay homage to the martyrs, wreath laying ceremonies
and other function were organised by the Army at various
regions in the state, including Akhnoor War Memorial, war
memorial at Prayer Hill and at Nowshera area in Rajouri
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred