Army celebrates Vijay Diwas in J&K
Jammu: Vijay Diwas, India`s victory over
Pakistan in 1971 Bangladesh Liberation war, was on Friday
celebrated by the Army across Jammu and Kashmir.
The celebration commemorates the sacrifice made by Indian
soldiers and people of Bangladesh during the war.
To pay homage to the martyrs, wreath laying ceremonies
and other function were organised by the Army at various
regions in the state, including Akhnoor War Memorial, war
memorial at Prayer Hill and at Nowshera area in Rajouri
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?