Army celebrates Vijay Diwas in J&K
Jammu: Vijay Diwas, India`s victory over
Pakistan in 1971 Bangladesh Liberation war, was on Friday
celebrated by the Army across Jammu and Kashmir.
The celebration commemorates the sacrifice made by Indian
soldiers and people of Bangladesh during the war.
To pay homage to the martyrs, wreath laying ceremonies
and other function were organised by the Army at various
regions in the state, including Akhnoor War Memorial, war
memorial at Prayer Hill and at Nowshera area in Rajouri
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered