Army Chief asks commanders to consolidate gains in J&K
Jammu: Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh on Saturday exhorted senior commanders in the Northern Theatre to further consolidate their gains in counter-insurgency operations achieved during the past two years.
Gen Singh had an interaction with Lt Gen KT Parnaik, GOC-in-C Northern Command, and other senior officers in the Command Theatre at Udhampur, 65 kms from here.
"Senior commanders should further consolidate on their gains in counter-insurgency operations achieved during the past two years," Gen Singh said during his brief visit to the Northern Command Headquarters.
Due to bad weather, the Army Chief`s aircraft had to land at Jammu and he went to Udhampur by road.
Gen Singh was apprised of the current security situation and the operational preparedness of the Northern Command.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday