Army Chief asks commanders to consolidate gains in J&K
Jammu: Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh on Saturday exhorted senior commanders in the Northern Theatre to further consolidate their gains in counter-insurgency operations achieved during the past two years.
Gen Singh had an interaction with Lt Gen KT Parnaik, GOC-in-C Northern Command, and other senior officers in the Command Theatre at Udhampur, 65 kms from here.
"Senior commanders should further consolidate on their gains in counter-insurgency operations achieved during the past two years," Gen Singh said during his brief visit to the Northern Command Headquarters.
Due to bad weather, the Army Chief`s aircraft had to land at Jammu and he went to Udhampur by road.
Gen Singh was apprised of the current security situation and the operational preparedness of the Northern Command.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India