Army chief calls on Omar Abdullah in Srinagar
Srinagar: Indian Army chief, General Bikram Singh on Saturday called on Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah in Srinagar.
An official statement issued here said, "Various matters relating to the prevailing security situation in the state were discussed during the meeting. The GoC-in-C (Northern Command) Lieutenant General K T Parnaik and GoC 15 Corps Lieutenant General Om Prakash were also present in the meeting."
General Bikram Singh is visiting some forward areas along the Line of Control (LoC) in the Kashmir Valley on Saturday.
He arrived on Friday on his two-day maiden visit to Jammu and Kashmir after he took over the reins of the country`s over 1.2 million strong Army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gold rebounds on jewellers' buying, silver jumps Rs 280/kg
- US Open 2016: Saketh Myneni advances to main draw
- Subramaian Swamy targets GST Network again; will write to Amit Shah, BJP CMs
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: As it happened...
- Pak provokes India again, PM Nawaz Sharif to send MPs abroad to highlight Kashmir issue