Army chief calls on Omar Abdullah in Srinagar
Srinagar: Indian Army chief, General Bikram Singh on Saturday called on Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah in Srinagar.
An official statement issued here said, "Various matters relating to the prevailing security situation in the state were discussed during the meeting. The GoC-in-C (Northern Command) Lieutenant General K T Parnaik and GoC 15 Corps Lieutenant General Om Prakash were also present in the meeting."
General Bikram Singh is visiting some forward areas along the Line of Control (LoC) in the Kashmir Valley on Saturday.
He arrived on Friday on his two-day maiden visit to Jammu and Kashmir after he took over the reins of the country`s over 1.2 million strong Army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video