Army chief calls on Omar Abdullah in Srinagar
Srinagar: Indian Army chief, General Bikram Singh on Saturday called on Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah in Srinagar.
An official statement issued here said, "Various matters relating to the prevailing security situation in the state were discussed during the meeting. The GoC-in-C (Northern Command) Lieutenant General K T Parnaik and GoC 15 Corps Lieutenant General Om Prakash were also present in the meeting."
General Bikram Singh is visiting some forward areas along the Line of Control (LoC) in the Kashmir Valley on Saturday.
He arrived on Friday on his two-day maiden visit to Jammu and Kashmir after he took over the reins of the country`s over 1.2 million strong Army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery