Army chief calls on Omar Abdullah in Srinagar
Srinagar: Indian Army chief, General Bikram Singh on Saturday called on Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah in Srinagar.
An official statement issued here said, "Various matters relating to the prevailing security situation in the state were discussed during the meeting. The GoC-in-C (Northern Command) Lieutenant General K T Parnaik and GoC 15 Corps Lieutenant General Om Prakash were also present in the meeting."
General Bikram Singh is visiting some forward areas along the Line of Control (LoC) in the Kashmir Valley on Saturday.
He arrived on Friday on his two-day maiden visit to Jammu and Kashmir after he took over the reins of the country`s over 1.2 million strong Army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery