Army Chief in Ladakh to review security situation
New Delhi: Against the backdrop of increasing incidents of Chinese incursions, Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh is in Ladakh on Saturday to take stock of the security situation there.
During the day-long visit, the Army Chief will take stock of the situation in the Ladakh sector, which is the area of responsibility of the Leh-based 14 Corps, Army officials said here.
The visit of the Army Chief to Ladakh comes at a time when concerns have been raised over the increasing incidents of intrusions by the PLA in Indian areas and face-offs between the troops of the two sides.
The two countries are also discussing mechanisms to avoid flare ups between the two sides at the Line of Actual Control (LAC) while patrolling.
Recently, a Committee headed by National Security Advisory Board Chairman Shyam Saran had also visited Ladakh to review the border infrastructure and also deal with several aspects relating to the region covering a broad spectrum of activities and requirements.
Saran had also filed a report dealing with requirement of air facilities in Ladakh region along with matters relating to land acquisition and environmental and wildlife clearances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!