Army Chief lauds jawans guarding Siachen
Srinagar: Army Chief General Bikram Singh on Saturday lauded the soldiers posted at the Siachen glacier for resiliently guarding one of the toughest battlefields on earth braving sub-zero temperatures and difficult terrain.
"I compliment them (Siachen troops) for their dedication and steadfastness while guarding the borders in such hazardous conditions," Gen Singh said after meeting with the jawans.
Singh, who is currently on three-day visit to the Ladakh region, visited Siachen Base Camp and forward posts in Eastern Ladakh during the second day of his trip.
He also stressed upon creating a congenial climate in the units to enable collective growth of the organisation.
On this occasion, he also reviewed the logistical support structure available to the soldiers and assured the troops of quality support.
Singh flew over the line of actual control and laid wreath at the Siachen War Memorial, apart from visiting Gurudwara Pathar Sahab in the evening before concluding his program for the day.
He was also briefed by the formation commanders during his first visit to the region after his appointment as Chief of Army Staff.
Situated in the Eastern Karakoram Range, Siachen Glacier is known as `world`s highest battle field` where soldiers have to constantly face hostile terrain and weather conditions.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement