Army Chief meets Omar, discusses security matters
Srinagar: Army Chief General Bikram Singh, who is on a two-day visit to Jammu and Kashmir, on Saturday met Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and discussed security-related matters.
"Various matters relating to prevailing security situation in the state were discussed during the meeting (between Omar and Gen Singh)," an official spokesman said.
Gen Singh was accompanied by Northern Command Chief Lt Gen K T Parnaik and General officer Commanding of the 15 Corps Lt Gen Om Prakash.
Singh had met Governor N N Vohra last evening and discussed matters relating to internal and external security situation.
"The Governor and Chief of the Army Staff discussed various matters relating to internal and external security situation. Other issues having a bearing on security management were also reviewed," a Raj Bhawan spokesman said.
Gen Singh is on his maiden visit to Jammu and Kashmir since taking over as the Chief of the Army Staff on May 31.
He will visit the forward areas along the Line of Control in the Kashmir Valley later in the day where he will interact with the jawans and officers of the army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra