Army Chief meets Omar, discusses security matters
Srinagar: Army Chief General Bikram Singh, who is on a two-day visit to Jammu and Kashmir, on Saturday met Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and discussed security-related matters.
"Various matters relating to prevailing security situation in the state were discussed during the meeting (between Omar and Gen Singh)," an official spokesman said.
Gen Singh was accompanied by Northern Command Chief Lt Gen K T Parnaik and General officer Commanding of the 15 Corps Lt Gen Om Prakash.
Singh had met Governor N N Vohra last evening and discussed matters relating to internal and external security situation.
"The Governor and Chief of the Army Staff discussed various matters relating to internal and external security situation. Other issues having a bearing on security management were also reviewed," a Raj Bhawan spokesman said.
Gen Singh is on his maiden visit to Jammu and Kashmir since taking over as the Chief of the Army Staff on May 31.
He will visit the forward areas along the Line of Control in the Kashmir Valley later in the day where he will interact with the jawans and officers of the army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31