Army Chief reviews security situation in J&K
Jammu: Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Gen VK Singh on Thursday reviewed the security and geo-strategic situation in Jammu and Kashmir on a day-long visit to the state.
Gen Singh, who was flanked by Air-Officer-Commanding in Chief (CAOC-In-C) Western Air Command, Air Marshal DC Kumaria and Director General Military Operation (DGMO) Lt General AK Choudhary arrived here this morning, Public Relation Officer of Ministry of Defence SN Acharya said.
Later, Gen Singh chaired a high-level joint security meeting at the Udhampur-based Northern Command, 65 kms from Jammu, in which all General Officer Commandings (GOCs) and top IAF officers took part.
He reviewed the security situation and geo-strategic situation in Jammu and Kashmir and synergy of operational scenario of Army and Air Force in the state.
The Army Chief is scheduled to return back to New Delhi this evening, the PRO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!