Army Chief reviews security situation in J&K
Jammu: Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Gen VK Singh on Thursday reviewed the security and geo-strategic situation in Jammu and Kashmir on a day-long visit to the state.
Gen Singh, who was flanked by Air-Officer-Commanding in Chief (CAOC-In-C) Western Air Command, Air Marshal DC Kumaria and Director General Military Operation (DGMO) Lt General AK Choudhary arrived here this morning, Public Relation Officer of Ministry of Defence SN Acharya said.
Later, Gen Singh chaired a high-level joint security meeting at the Udhampur-based Northern Command, 65 kms from Jammu, in which all General Officer Commandings (GOCs) and top IAF officers took part.
He reviewed the security situation and geo-strategic situation in Jammu and Kashmir and synergy of operational scenario of Army and Air Force in the state.
The Army Chief is scheduled to return back to New Delhi this evening, the PRO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why