Army Chief reviews security situation in J&K
Jammu: Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Gen VK Singh on Thursday reviewed the security and geo-strategic situation in Jammu and Kashmir on a day-long visit to the state.
Gen Singh, who was flanked by Air-Officer-Commanding in Chief (CAOC-In-C) Western Air Command, Air Marshal DC Kumaria and Director General Military Operation (DGMO) Lt General AK Choudhary arrived here this morning, Public Relation Officer of Ministry of Defence SN Acharya said.
Later, Gen Singh chaired a high-level joint security meeting at the Udhampur-based Northern Command, 65 kms from Jammu, in which all General Officer Commandings (GOCs) and top IAF officers took part.
He reviewed the security situation and geo-strategic situation in Jammu and Kashmir and synergy of operational scenario of Army and Air Force in the state.
The Army Chief is scheduled to return back to New Delhi this evening, the PRO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video