Army Chief reviews security situation in J&K
Jammu: Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Gen VK Singh on Thursday reviewed the security and geo-strategic situation in Jammu and Kashmir on a day-long visit to the state.
Gen Singh, who was flanked by Air-Officer-Commanding in Chief (CAOC-In-C) Western Air Command, Air Marshal DC Kumaria and Director General Military Operation (DGMO) Lt General AK Choudhary arrived here this morning, Public Relation Officer of Ministry of Defence SN Acharya said.
Later, Gen Singh chaired a high-level joint security meeting at the Udhampur-based Northern Command, 65 kms from Jammu, in which all General Officer Commandings (GOCs) and top IAF officers took part.
He reviewed the security situation and geo-strategic situation in Jammu and Kashmir and synergy of operational scenario of Army and Air Force in the state.
The Army Chief is scheduled to return back to New Delhi this evening, the PRO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners