Army Chief reviews security situation in J&K
Jammu: Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Gen VK Singh on Thursday reviewed the security and geo-strategic situation in Jammu and Kashmir on a day-long visit to the state.
Gen Singh, who was flanked by Air-Officer-Commanding in Chief (CAOC-In-C) Western Air Command, Air Marshal DC Kumaria and Director General Military Operation (DGMO) Lt General AK Choudhary arrived here this morning, Public Relation Officer of Ministry of Defence SN Acharya said.
Later, Gen Singh chaired a high-level joint security meeting at the Udhampur-based Northern Command, 65 kms from Jammu, in which all General Officer Commandings (GOCs) and top IAF officers took part.
He reviewed the security situation and geo-strategic situation in Jammu and Kashmir and synergy of operational scenario of Army and Air Force in the state.
The Army Chief is scheduled to return back to New Delhi this evening, the PRO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie