Army chief reviews security status in Doda sector
Jammu: Continuing with his review of security and counter-insurgency operations in Jammu and Kashmir, Army chief General Bikram Singh Wednesday visited troop formations in Doda sector and Akhnoor before wrapping up his visit to the state.
Gen. Singh was briefed on the security scenario by respective general officers commanding at the Rashtriya Rifles camps at Dharmund and Sila as part of his visit to formations under the Nagrota-based 16 Corps today, a defence spokesperson said.
The Army chief also visited the Division Headquarters in Akhnoor in Jammu district accompanied by GOC-in-C of Northern Command Lt Gen. KT Parnaik and GOC 16 Corps, Lt Gen. BS Hooda.
During his two-day visit to J-K, Gen. Singh held discussions with formation commanders and also interacted with troops deployed along the Line of Control and those involved in counter-insurgency operations.
Interacting with the troops, he praised them for their selfless sacrifice in ensuring the sanctity of the country`s frontiers and in facilitating return of normalcy in J-K.
Gen. Singh had yesterday briefed J-K Governor NN Vohra and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah about the Chinese incursion in Ladakh region and the situation arising out of it.
The Army chief left for Delhi in the afternoon today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof