Army chief reviews security status in Doda sector
Jammu: Continuing with his review of security and counter-insurgency operations in Jammu and Kashmir, Army chief General Bikram Singh Wednesday visited troop formations in Doda sector and Akhnoor before wrapping up his visit to the state.
Gen. Singh was briefed on the security scenario by respective general officers commanding at the Rashtriya Rifles camps at Dharmund and Sila as part of his visit to formations under the Nagrota-based 16 Corps today, a defence spokesperson said.
The Army chief also visited the Division Headquarters in Akhnoor in Jammu district accompanied by GOC-in-C of Northern Command Lt Gen. KT Parnaik and GOC 16 Corps, Lt Gen. BS Hooda.
During his two-day visit to J-K, Gen. Singh held discussions with formation commanders and also interacted with troops deployed along the Line of Control and those involved in counter-insurgency operations.
Interacting with the troops, he praised them for their selfless sacrifice in ensuring the sanctity of the country`s frontiers and in facilitating return of normalcy in J-K.
Gen. Singh had yesterday briefed J-K Governor NN Vohra and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah about the Chinese incursion in Ladakh region and the situation arising out of it.
The Army chief left for Delhi in the afternoon today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad