Army chief reviews security status in Doda sector
Jammu: Continuing with his review of security and counter-insurgency operations in Jammu and Kashmir, Army chief General Bikram Singh Wednesday visited troop formations in Doda sector and Akhnoor before wrapping up his visit to the state.
Gen. Singh was briefed on the security scenario by respective general officers commanding at the Rashtriya Rifles camps at Dharmund and Sila as part of his visit to formations under the Nagrota-based 16 Corps today, a defence spokesperson said.
The Army chief also visited the Division Headquarters in Akhnoor in Jammu district accompanied by GOC-in-C of Northern Command Lt Gen. KT Parnaik and GOC 16 Corps, Lt Gen. BS Hooda.
During his two-day visit to J-K, Gen. Singh held discussions with formation commanders and also interacted with troops deployed along the Line of Control and those involved in counter-insurgency operations.
Interacting with the troops, he praised them for their selfless sacrifice in ensuring the sanctity of the country`s frontiers and in facilitating return of normalcy in J-K.
Gen. Singh had yesterday briefed J-K Governor NN Vohra and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah about the Chinese incursion in Ladakh region and the situation arising out of it.
The Army chief left for Delhi in the afternoon today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!