Army chief reviews troop formations, security in Doda
Jammu: Army chief General Bikram Singh on Wednesday visited Rashtriya Rifles formations in Doda sector of Jammu and Kashmir and reviewed counter-insurgency (CI) operations.
Gen. Singh went to the Rashtriya Rifles Headquarters at Dharmund and Sila as part of his visit to formations under the Nagrota-based 16 Corps, PRO Defence SN Acharya said.
Army Chief was briefed on the current situation and CI operations by the respective General Officers Commanding (GoC), Acharya said.
Gen. Singh also visited the Division Headquarters at Akhnoor border belt of Jammu district and was accompanied by GOC-in-C Northern Command, Lt Gen. KT Parnaik and GOC 16 Corps Lt Gen. BS Hooda.
During his two-day visit, the Army chief reviewed the security scenario and discussed various issues related to the Armed Forces with formation commanders.
He also interacted with troops deployed on the Line of Control (LoC) as well as those on CI duties. He complimented them for their selfless sacrifice in ensuring the sanctity of the country`s frontiers and in facilitating return of normalcy in the state.
Gen. Singh exhorted the troops to uphold the core values of the Indian Army through dedication towards duty.
He had yesterday met J-K Governor NN Vohra and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and discussed the over situation. He had also briefed Vohra and Omar about the Chinese incursion.
The Army chief left for New Delhi in the afternoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog