Army chief reviews troop formations, security in Doda
Jammu: Army chief General Bikram Singh on Wednesday visited Rashtriya Rifles formations in Doda sector of Jammu and Kashmir and reviewed counter-insurgency (CI) operations.
Gen. Singh went to the Rashtriya Rifles Headquarters at Dharmund and Sila as part of his visit to formations under the Nagrota-based 16 Corps, PRO Defence SN Acharya said.
Army Chief was briefed on the current situation and CI operations by the respective General Officers Commanding (GoC), Acharya said.
Gen. Singh also visited the Division Headquarters at Akhnoor border belt of Jammu district and was accompanied by GOC-in-C Northern Command, Lt Gen. KT Parnaik and GOC 16 Corps Lt Gen. BS Hooda.
During his two-day visit, the Army chief reviewed the security scenario and discussed various issues related to the Armed Forces with formation commanders.
He also interacted with troops deployed on the Line of Control (LoC) as well as those on CI duties. He complimented them for their selfless sacrifice in ensuring the sanctity of the country`s frontiers and in facilitating return of normalcy in the state.
Gen. Singh exhorted the troops to uphold the core values of the Indian Army through dedication towards duty.
He had yesterday met J-K Governor NN Vohra and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and discussed the over situation. He had also briefed Vohra and Omar about the Chinese incursion.
The Army chief left for New Delhi in the afternoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees