Army Chief visits J&K, takes stock of security situation
Jammu: Army Chief General Bikram Singh on Friday arrived on a two-day visit here at Northern Command in Jammu and Kashmir`s Udhampur district and was briefed about the security situation.
The Army Commander briefed Gen Singh on the overall security situation in the Command theatre and relief operations taken by the army for the general public during recent onslaught of snow in the remote areas of the valley, defence spokesman said here.
The visit of the Army Chief comes in the backdrop of several successful counter terrorist operations conducted in the Command theatre in the past few months.
He also interacted with other senior commanders and discussed issues pertaining to welfare of troops and veterans (ex servicemen), he said.
The Army Chief commended all ranks for the recent successes and the high state of operational preparedness.
He also complimented the officers and personnel from Dhruva Command for extending humanitarian assistance to the public. Gen Singh will leave for Delhi tomorrow in the afternoon, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics