Army Chief visits J&K, takes stock of security situation
Jammu: Army Chief General Bikram Singh on Friday arrived on a two-day visit here at Northern Command in Jammu and Kashmir`s Udhampur district and was briefed about the security situation.
The Army Commander briefed Gen Singh on the overall security situation in the Command theatre and relief operations taken by the army for the general public during recent onslaught of snow in the remote areas of the valley, defence spokesman said here.
The visit of the Army Chief comes in the backdrop of several successful counter terrorist operations conducted in the Command theatre in the past few months.
He also interacted with other senior commanders and discussed issues pertaining to welfare of troops and veterans (ex servicemen), he said.
The Army Chief commended all ranks for the recent successes and the high state of operational preparedness.
He also complimented the officers and personnel from Dhruva Command for extending humanitarian assistance to the public. Gen Singh will leave for Delhi tomorrow in the afternoon, the spokesman added.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why