Army Chief visits J&K, takes stock of security situation
Jammu: Army Chief General Bikram Singh on Friday arrived on a two-day visit here at Northern Command in Jammu and Kashmir`s Udhampur district and was briefed about the security situation.
The Army Commander briefed Gen Singh on the overall security situation in the Command theatre and relief operations taken by the army for the general public during recent onslaught of snow in the remote areas of the valley, defence spokesman said here.
The visit of the Army Chief comes in the backdrop of several successful counter terrorist operations conducted in the Command theatre in the past few months.
He also interacted with other senior commanders and discussed issues pertaining to welfare of troops and veterans (ex servicemen), he said.
The Army Chief commended all ranks for the recent successes and the high state of operational preparedness.
He also complimented the officers and personnel from Dhruva Command for extending humanitarian assistance to the public. Gen Singh will leave for Delhi tomorrow in the afternoon, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video