Army Chief visits Ladakh, takes stock of security situation
Jammu: Army Chief General Bikram Singh on Friday arrived on a three-day visit to Ladakh, his first visit to the region after his appointment as Chief of Army Staff.
General Singh, who arrived at Leh this morning, was received by Lt Gen KT Parnaik, GOC-in-C Northern Command and Lt Gen Rajan Bakhshi, GOC 14 Corps, Army spokesman of Northern Command, Lt Col Rajesh Kalia said.
The Army Chief was briefed by the Corps Commander on the prevailing security environment, infrastructure development projects and various initiatives undertaken by the Army in Ladakh Region, Kalia said.
General Singh will visit forward deployment areas in Siachen Glacier and Eastern Ladakh during the next two days of his stay, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday