Army Chief visits Ladakh, takes stock of security situation
Jammu: Army Chief General Bikram Singh on Friday arrived on a three-day visit to Ladakh, his first visit to the region after his appointment as Chief of Army Staff.
General Singh, who arrived at Leh this morning, was received by Lt Gen KT Parnaik, GOC-in-C Northern Command and Lt Gen Rajan Bakhshi, GOC 14 Corps, Army spokesman of Northern Command, Lt Col Rajesh Kalia said.
The Army Chief was briefed by the Corps Commander on the prevailing security environment, infrastructure development projects and various initiatives undertaken by the Army in Ladakh Region, Kalia said.
General Singh will visit forward deployment areas in Siachen Glacier and Eastern Ladakh during the next two days of his stay, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat Patel quota stir leader Hardik Patel to be produced in court for insulting tricolour
- Doctors in Delhi Govt hospitals to go on strike over salaries, allowance
- What is so special for Xiaomi fans next week? Is it the Mi 5 black?
- Opposing 'dadagiri' of priests, Trupti Desai, 'Bhumata Brigade' activists enter Kapaleshwar Mandir in Nashik
- Cool morning in Delhi, max temp expected to be around 39 degrees Celsius