Army Chief visits Srinagar, assesses security scenario
Srinagar: Army Chief Gen V K Singh assessed
the prevailing security scenario in Kashmir and operational
preparedness of the force on Line of Control during his 2-day
visit to the Valley which concluded on Wednesday.
The Army Chief visited the 15 Corps headquarters on the
last day of his visit and was briefed in detail about the
operational preparedness of the force on the LoC, a defence
He also took stock of the prevailing security scenario in
Kashmir Valley, he said.
Gen Singh interacted with officers and all ranks of the
Corps and complimented them for their state of preparedness
and maintenance of high moral values and principles associated
with the Army, the spokesman said.
He said the Army Chief was also appreciative of the
initiatives undertaken by the Northern Command, in particular
the 15 Corps, leading to peaceful environment in the Valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY