Army Chief visits Srinagar, assesses security scenario
Srinagar: Army Chief Gen V K Singh assessed
the prevailing security scenario in Kashmir and operational
preparedness of the force on Line of Control during his 2-day
visit to the Valley which concluded on Wednesday.
The Army Chief visited the 15 Corps headquarters on the
last day of his visit and was briefed in detail about the
operational preparedness of the force on the LoC, a defence
He also took stock of the prevailing security scenario in
Kashmir Valley, he said.
Gen Singh interacted with officers and all ranks of the
Corps and complimented them for their state of preparedness
and maintenance of high moral values and principles associated
with the Army, the spokesman said.
He said the Army Chief was also appreciative of the
initiatives undertaken by the Northern Command, in particular
the 15 Corps, leading to peaceful environment in the Valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi