Army Chief visits Srinagar, assesses security
Srinagar: Army Chief Gen V K Singh assessed the prevailing security scenario in Kashmir and operational preparedness of the force on Line of Control during his 2-day visit to the Valley which concluded on Wednesday.
The Army Chief visited the 15 Corps headquarters on the
last day of his visit and was briefed in detail about the
operational preparedness of the force on the LoC, a defence
He also took stock of the prevailing security scenario in
Kashmir Valley, he said.
Gen Singh interacted with officers and all ranks of the
Corps and complimented them for their state of preparedness
and maintenance of high moral values and principles associated
with the Army, the spokesman said.
He said the Army chief was also appreciative of the
initiatives undertaken by the Northern Command, in particular
the 15 Corps, leading to peaceful environment in the Valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?