Army Chief visits Srinagar, assesses security
Srinagar: Army Chief Gen V K Singh assessed the prevailing security scenario in Kashmir and operational preparedness of the force on Line of Control during his 2-day visit to the Valley which concluded on Wednesday.
The Army Chief visited the 15 Corps headquarters on the
last day of his visit and was briefed in detail about the
operational preparedness of the force on the LoC, a defence
He also took stock of the prevailing security scenario in
Kashmir Valley, he said.
Gen Singh interacted with officers and all ranks of the
Corps and complimented them for their state of preparedness
and maintenance of high moral values and principles associated
with the Army, the spokesman said.
He said the Army chief was also appreciative of the
initiatives undertaken by the Northern Command, in particular
the 15 Corps, leading to peaceful environment in the Valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information