Army CoI indicts 56 personnel in Nyoma face-off case
New Delhi: An Army Court of Inquiry (CoI) has indicted 56 personnel including the Commanding Officer of an artillery unit, whose officers and men clashed in Nyoma in Ladakh in May last year.
56 personnel have been indicted by the CoI held under Brigadier Ajay Talwar and disciplinary action has been recommended against more than 10 of them, sources said here today.
The indicted personnel, who include five officers, will face either disciplinary or administrative action for failure of command and control, assault, indiscipline and other lapses, they said.
The CoI was completed in the first week of December and its findings have been submitted to the 14 Corps Headquarters in Leh, which is going through it, Army sources said here.
The CoI had examined 220 witnesses, including officers, JCOs and other ranks, besides five civilians.
In May last year, three officers and eight jawans, including the Commanding Officer of 226 Field Regiment, were injured in the fracas at Mahe firing range near Nyoma on May 26.
215 witnesses including five officers, 21 JCOs and 189 jawans have been examined as witnesses in the Nyoma case in which officers and jawans were involved in a face-off. The men and the officers had clashed during a firing practice session where women were also present without proper authorisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly