Army Commander briefs Guv about security scenario in Ladakh
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra was briefed on Tuesday about the overall security scenario in the Ladakh region by General Officer Commanding of 14 Corps Lt Gen Rakesh Sharma.
"The Lt Gen gave an extensive briefing to the Governor about the security environment in the very large area of his responsibility, particularly focusing on issues relating to security management with regard to the Line of Control (with PoK) and the Line of Actual Control (with China)," an official spokesman said.
Vohra, who visited Leh, discussed with the Corps Commander "certain recent incidents (firing) along the LoC in a sector which was normally quiet and stressed the importance of eternal vigil on the frontiers", the spokesman said.
"He (Vohra) thanked the GOC and his Command for the prompt help and support to the people during emergencies of all kind," the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Srinagar encounter: Two suspected cop killers gunned down as search-op against militants continues
- Van Gaal sacked by United, Mourinho poised to step in
- Iraq justice ministry announces execution of 22 convicts
- UK grants asylum to Maldives' ex-president Mohamed Nasheed
- North Korean envoy rejects Trump overture to meet leader