Army Commander briefs Guv about security scenario in Ladakh
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra was briefed on Tuesday about the overall security scenario in the Ladakh region by General Officer Commanding of 14 Corps Lt Gen Rakesh Sharma.
"The Lt Gen gave an extensive briefing to the Governor about the security environment in the very large area of his responsibility, particularly focusing on issues relating to security management with regard to the Line of Control (with PoK) and the Line of Actual Control (with China)," an official spokesman said.
Vohra, who visited Leh, discussed with the Corps Commander "certain recent incidents (firing) along the LoC in a sector which was normally quiet and stressed the importance of eternal vigil on the frontiers", the spokesman said.
"He (Vohra) thanked the GOC and his Command for the prompt help and support to the people during emergencies of all kind," the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Jailed ex-MP Shahabuddin shifted to AIIMS
- Facebook to give more prominence to family and friends, not media
- PM Modi asks babus for effective redressal of consumer grievances
- PM Modi meets Amit Shah and Arun Jaitley, discusses key issues
- Wimbledon 2016: Novak Djokovic wins 30th consecutive Grand Slam match, Roger Federer ends Marcus Willis' fairytale