Army Commander visits LoC formations in Kashmir, meets Omar Abdullah
Jammu: Northern Army Commander, Lieutenant General Sanjiv Chachra, on Friday visited formations along Line of Control (LoC) in Kashmir valley and appreciated the troops for their efforts in providing security during recently-held general elections.
The Army Commander, who is on a two-day visit in Jammu and Kashmir, would also be visiting the LoC formations and troops deployed in the forward areas, a defence spokesperson said here.
The Northern Army Commander will be visiting the forward areas of Chinar Corps for deliberations on security situation and interaction with military and civil authorities, he said.
He was briefed on the current operational situation on the LoC and internal security environment prevailing in the hinterland, the spokesman said.
The Army Commander lauded the efforts of Chinar Corps in providing security during recently-held elections and complemented for their professionalism, steadfastness and dedication. He wished them for operational success in future.
The General called on the Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and discussed the prevailing security situation and the measures being undertaken by Army towards sustained peace in the Valley.
He is also scheduled to call Governor N N Vohra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?