Army Commander visits LoC formations in Kashmir, meets Omar Abdullah
Jammu: Northern Army Commander, Lieutenant General Sanjiv Chachra, on Friday visited formations along Line of Control (LoC) in Kashmir valley and appreciated the troops for their efforts in providing security during recently-held general elections.
The Army Commander, who is on a two-day visit in Jammu and Kashmir, would also be visiting the LoC formations and troops deployed in the forward areas, a defence spokesperson said here.
The Northern Army Commander will be visiting the forward areas of Chinar Corps for deliberations on security situation and interaction with military and civil authorities, he said.
He was briefed on the current operational situation on the LoC and internal security environment prevailing in the hinterland, the spokesman said.
The Army Commander lauded the efforts of Chinar Corps in providing security during recently-held elections and complemented for their professionalism, steadfastness and dedication. He wished them for operational success in future.
The General called on the Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and discussed the prevailing security situation and the measures being undertaken by Army towards sustained peace in the Valley.
He is also scheduled to call Governor N N Vohra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'