Army defuses IED planted by militants
Srinagar: A major tragedy was averted on Tuesday when alert Army troops detected and destroyed an IED planted by militants by the roadside in north Kashmir`s Kupwara district, police sources said.
Troops of 41 Rashtriya Rifles detected an IED fitted in a pressure-cooker and concealed in a polythene bag at Khumriyal on Srinagar-Kupwara Road, sources said.
Bomb disposal squad of the Army was summoned and the explosive was destroyed in-situ, they said adding, there was no damage done due to the controlled explosion of the IED.
This was the third IED detected by security forces in the past fortnight.
A 15 kg IED was detected and destroyed by the Army in Handwara area of Kupwara on May 12, while another 5 kg IED was neutralised by experts at Shalteng on Srinagar-Baramulla Road on April 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir LIVE: Violence at student organisations' protest in Coimbatore, 5 students injured
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog