Army foils another infiltration bid in J&K
Jammu: The Army on Saturday foiled another infiltration bid on the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district of Jammu in Jammu and Kashmir. Just six days ago, an infiltration bid was foiled in this sector.
A defence spokesman said: "At 8.30 am today, alert troops in the Krishna Ghati-Mendhar sector foiled an infiltration bid by three to four terrorists. These terrorists were observed approximately 150 metres inside our territory by our troops, who challenged them. However, the terrorists continued to close in towards our post in the area, following which they were fired upon."
"The terrorists dispersed in the jungle, following firing which lasted for five to 10 minutes. Search operations are in progress," the spokesman said.
This was the second attempt at infiltration in the past six days in this sector, he said.
"The first one was on January 13, 2014, and during the brigade commander-level flag meeting at Poonch yesterday, the Indian Army`s concerns about this unchecked infiltration were conveyed in strong terms to the Pakistani delegation.”
"There have been a number of intelligence reports about increased attempts at infiltration by terrorists from across the LoC to carry out disruptive activities around Republic Day.”
"The Army has placed its troops on high alert along the LoC and this high level of preparedness has helped prevent these two infiltration attempts," the spokesman said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!