Army foils infiltration bid; 2 militants, 3 jawans killed
Srinagar: The Army on Wednesday foiled an infiltration bid along the Line of Control (LoC) in Kupwara district of North Kashmir, killing two militants while three Army jawans were also killed.
"A major infiltration bid was foiled in Nowgam sector of Kupwara district after alert troops noticed movement of a group of about five militants near the LoC," Army spokesman Colonel A Vashisht said.
Two militants have been killed so far while search operations are going on for the other ultras, he said, adding, two AK assault rifles have been recovered from the scene of the encounter.
The spokesman said three Army jawans were also killed while battling the infiltrating militants.
This is the second major infiltration bid foiled by the troops near the LoC in Kupwara district within a week.
On Friday, troops shot dead four militants attempting to sneak into the Valley in Keran sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!