Army foils infiltration bid; 2 militants, 3 jawans killed
Srinagar: The Army on Wednesday foiled an infiltration bid along the Line of Control (LoC) in Kupwara district of North Kashmir, killing two militants while three Army jawans were also killed.
"A major infiltration bid was foiled in Nowgam sector of Kupwara district after alert troops noticed movement of a group of about five militants near the LoC," Army spokesman Colonel A Vashisht said.
Two militants have been killed so far while search operations are going on for the other ultras, he said, adding, two AK assault rifles have been recovered from the scene of the encounter.
The spokesman said three Army jawans were also killed while battling the infiltrating militants.
This is the second major infiltration bid foiled by the troops near the LoC in Kupwara district within a week.
On Friday, troops shot dead four militants attempting to sneak into the Valley in Keran sector.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?