Army foils infiltration bid along LoC in Kupwara, 2 terrorists killed
Zee Media Bureau/Kamna Arora
Jammu: The Indian Army on Wednesday foiled an infiltration bid along the Line of Control in Kupwara sector, killing two terrorists.
Indian Army spokesman Naresh Vij said a group of guerrillas tried to sneak into the Indian side in Keran sector of the Line of Control on Wednesday morning.
"The group of intruders were challenged around 3 am today (Wednesday) morning. They fired at our troops resulting in an encounter. Two terrorists have been killed in the operation which is still going on," Vij told a news agency.
The Indian security forces are vigilant as they try to keep the intruders trying to sneak into Kashmir from across the border at bay.
Since March this year, militants have escalated attacks on Indian security forces.
Indian security officials say that separatist militants fighting Indian rule in Kashmir step up attacks during the summer months as snow melts the region`s mountain passes, allowing easier movement of militants from Pakistani territory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'