Army foils infiltration bid along LoC in Kupwara, 2 terrorists killed
Zee Media Bureau/Kamna Arora
Jammu: The Indian Army on Wednesday foiled an infiltration bid along the Line of Control in Kupwara sector, killing two terrorists.
Indian Army spokesman Naresh Vij said a group of guerrillas tried to sneak into the Indian side in Keran sector of the Line of Control on Wednesday morning.
"The group of intruders were challenged around 3 am today (Wednesday) morning. They fired at our troops resulting in an encounter. Two terrorists have been killed in the operation which is still going on," Vij told a news agency.
The Indian security forces are vigilant as they try to keep the intruders trying to sneak into Kashmir from across the border at bay.
Since March this year, militants have escalated attacks on Indian security forces.
Indian security officials say that separatist militants fighting Indian rule in Kashmir step up attacks during the summer months as snow melts the region`s mountain passes, allowing easier movement of militants from Pakistani territory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof