Army foils infiltration bid along LoC
Jammu: Army troops on Wednesday foiled an
infiltration bid by a group of militants along the Line of
Control (LoC) in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir, a
senior Army officer said.
A group of four to five militants crossed the
border-fencing along the LoC and opened fired on the Army
patrol party in Bhimbergali sector in Poonch district at 1.50
am, he said.
They fired from small arms resulting in retaliation from
the troops, he said.
The militants managed to escape towards the other side of
the border, he said, adding there was no loss of life or
damage to property in the firing that continued till 2.05 am.
Security has been stepped up all along the border with
Pakistan in view of reports of more infiltration bids being
planned by militant outfits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'