Army foils infiltration bid along LoC
Jammu: Army troops on Wednesday foiled an
infiltration bid by a group of militants along the Line of
Control (LoC) in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir, a
senior Army officer said.
A group of four to five militants crossed the
border-fencing along the LoC and opened fired on the Army
patrol party in Bhimbergali sector in Poonch district at 1.50
am, he said.
They fired from small arms resulting in retaliation from
the troops, he said.
The militants managed to escape towards the other side of
the border, he said, adding there was no loss of life or
damage to property in the firing that continued till 2.05 am.
Security has been stepped up all along the border with
Pakistan in view of reports of more infiltration bids being
planned by militant outfits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31