Army foils infiltration bid along LoC
Jammu: Army troops on Wednesday foiled an
infiltration bid by a group of militants along the Line of
Control (LoC) in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir, a
senior Army officer said.
A group of four to five militants crossed the
border-fencing along the LoC and opened fired on the Army
patrol party in Bhimbergali sector in Poonch district at 1.50
am, he said.
They fired from small arms resulting in retaliation from
the troops, he said.
The militants managed to escape towards the other side of
the border, he said, adding there was no loss of life or
damage to property in the firing that continued till 2.05 am.
Security has been stepped up all along the border with
Pakistan in view of reports of more infiltration bids being
planned by militant outfits.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India