Army foils infiltration bid along LoC
Jammu: Army troops Thursday foiled an
infiltration bid after a brief exchange of fire along the Line of Control in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
"Our surveillance devices along the border fencing picked
up movement of suspected militants - minimum of 3 to 4 persons
along LoC in Ghambir forward area of Poonch district around
12.30 AM today," a senior Army officer said.
As troops guarding the borderline with Pakistan geared up, there was firing on three of our forward posts, he said, adding troops also fired back, which continued for 10 to 15 minutes.
The suspected persons escaped and firing came to a halt,
he said, ruling out any ceasefire violation.
The official said firing did not come from Pakistani posts
There was no loss of life or injury to anyone in the
cross-border firing, he said, adding search of the area was
carried this morning but nothing was recovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- WATCH: PRODIGY! This 11-year-old from Odisha slum will now train at Bayern Munich
- Turkey will give full support to operation to retake Syria's Jarablus from Islamic State: Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu
- WATCH: What is PV Sindhu's equation with Saina Nehwal? Her reply will surprise you
- Iraq executions carried out without proper trial, fuelled by vengeance: UN
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report