Army foils infiltration bid along LoC
Jammu: Army troops Thursday foiled an
infiltration bid after a brief exchange of fire along the Line of Control in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
"Our surveillance devices along the border fencing picked
up movement of suspected militants - minimum of 3 to 4 persons
along LoC in Ghambir forward area of Poonch district around
12.30 AM today," a senior Army officer said.
As troops guarding the borderline with Pakistan geared up, there was firing on three of our forward posts, he said, adding troops also fired back, which continued for 10 to 15 minutes.
The suspected persons escaped and firing came to a halt,
he said, ruling out any ceasefire violation.
The official said firing did not come from Pakistani posts
There was no loss of life or injury to anyone in the
cross-border firing, he said, adding search of the area was
carried this morning but nothing was recovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan