Army foils infiltration bid along LoC
Jammu: Army troops Thursday foiled an
infiltration bid after a brief exchange of fire along the Line of Control in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
"Our surveillance devices along the border fencing picked
up movement of suspected militants - minimum of 3 to 4 persons
along LoC in Ghambir forward area of Poonch district around
12.30 AM today," a senior Army officer said.
As troops guarding the borderline with Pakistan geared up, there was firing on three of our forward posts, he said, adding troops also fired back, which continued for 10 to 15 minutes.
The suspected persons escaped and firing came to a halt,
he said, ruling out any ceasefire violation.
The official said firing did not come from Pakistani posts
There was no loss of life or injury to anyone in the
cross-border firing, he said, adding search of the area was
carried this morning but nothing was recovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!