Army foils infiltration bid along LoC
Jammu: Army troops Thursday foiled an
infiltration bid after a brief exchange of fire along the Line of Control in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
"Our surveillance devices along the border fencing picked
up movement of suspected militants - minimum of 3 to 4 persons
along LoC in Ghambir forward area of Poonch district around
12.30 AM today," a senior Army officer said.
As troops guarding the borderline with Pakistan geared up, there was firing on three of our forward posts, he said, adding troops also fired back, which continued for 10 to 15 minutes.
The suspected persons escaped and firing came to a halt,
he said, ruling out any ceasefire violation.
The official said firing did not come from Pakistani posts
There was no loss of life or injury to anyone in the
cross-border firing, he said, adding search of the area was
carried this morning but nothing was recovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH