Army foils infiltration bid along LoC
Jammu: Army troops Thursday foiled an
infiltration bid after a brief exchange of fire along the Line of Control in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
"Our surveillance devices along the border fencing picked
up movement of suspected militants - minimum of 3 to 4 persons
along LoC in Ghambir forward area of Poonch district around
12.30 AM today," a senior Army officer said.
As troops guarding the borderline with Pakistan geared up, there was firing on three of our forward posts, he said, adding troops also fired back, which continued for 10 to 15 minutes.
The suspected persons escaped and firing came to a halt,
he said, ruling out any ceasefire violation.
The official said firing did not come from Pakistani posts
There was no loss of life or injury to anyone in the
cross-border firing, he said, adding search of the area was
carried this morning but nothing was recovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report