Army foils infiltration bid along LoC
Srinagar: Four militants were killed when Army on Friday foiled an infiltration bid along the Line of Control (LoC) in Kupwara district of North Kashmir.
The armed militants trying to sneak into the Kashmir Valley in the early hours from across the border were killed by troopers in Keran sector, about 150 km from here, an Army spokesman said.
Army troops guarding the LoC noticed a group of militants and challenged them.
The ultras opened fire and in the ensuing gunfight, four infiltrators were killed, the spokesman said.
Security operation is still in progress and further details are awaited, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city