Army foils infiltration bid along LoC
Srinagar: Four militants were killed when Army on Friday foiled an infiltration bid along the Line of Control (LoC) in Kupwara district of North Kashmir.
The armed militants trying to sneak into the Kashmir Valley in the early hours from across the border were killed by troopers in Keran sector, about 150 km from here, an Army spokesman said.
Army troops guarding the LoC noticed a group of militants and challenged them.
The ultras opened fire and in the ensuing gunfight, four infiltrators were killed, the spokesman said.
Security operation is still in progress and further details are awaited, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam