Army foils infiltration bid along LoC
Srinagar: Four militants were killed when Army on Friday foiled an infiltration bid along the Line of Control (LoC) in Kupwara district of North Kashmir.
The armed militants trying to sneak into the Kashmir Valley in the early hours from across the border were killed by troopers in Keran sector, about 150 km from here, an Army spokesman said.
Army troops guarding the LoC noticed a group of militants and challenged them.
The ultras opened fire and in the ensuing gunfight, four infiltrators were killed, the spokesman said.
Security operation is still in progress and further details are awaited, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi