Army foils infiltration bid; four militants killed
Srinagar: Four militants were killed as Army
troops foiled an infiltration bid near the Line of Control in
Keran sector of Kupwara district in North Kashmir.
The troops foiled an infiltration bid by militants from
across the Line of Control in Keran sector on Friday,
triggering a gunbattle that lasted for more than 36 hours
during which four militants were killed, an Army spokesman
The bodies of all the slain militants have been recovered
along with a cache of arms and ammunition, the spokesman said,
adding there were no casualties among the security forces
during the operation.
Militants have stepped up infiltration bids over the past
three months as they try to augment the depleting cadres
following the killing of several top commanders of
Lashkar-e-Toiba and Jaish-e-Mohammad during the current year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!