Army foils infiltration bid; four militants killed
Srinagar: Four militants were killed as Army
troops foiled an infiltration bid near the Line of Control in
Keran sector of Kupwara district in North Kashmir.
The troops foiled an infiltration bid by militants from
across the Line of Control in Keran sector on Friday,
triggering a gunbattle that lasted for more than 36 hours
during which four militants were killed, an Army spokesman
The bodies of all the slain militants have been recovered
along with a cache of arms and ammunition, the spokesman said,
adding there were no casualties among the security forces
during the operation.
Militants have stepped up infiltration bids over the past
three months as they try to augment the depleting cadres
following the killing of several top commanders of
Lashkar-e-Toiba and Jaish-e-Mohammad during the current year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead