Army foils infiltration bid, guns down three ultras
Srinagar: Army on Friday foiled an infiltration bid from across the Indo-Pak border by killing three militants at Kupwara district of north Kashmir, a defence spokesman said here.
He said a heavily armed group of militants entered Machhal sector, 150 km from here, in the wee hours but were confronted by alert troops guarding the border.
The intruders were asked to surrender but they opened
fire and in the retaliatory action, the three militants were
killed, he said.
The operation was still on, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city