Army foils infiltration bid, guns down three ultras
Srinagar: Army on Friday foiled an infiltration bid from across the Indo-Pak border by killing three militants at Kupwara district of north Kashmir, a defence spokesman said here.
He said a heavily armed group of militants entered Machhal sector, 150 km from here, in the wee hours but were confronted by alert troops guarding the border.
The intruders were asked to surrender but they opened
fire and in the retaliatory action, the three militants were
killed, he said.
The operation was still on, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking
- Multiple deaths reported in Munich shopping centre shooting, police operation underway
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg seals deal as Lewis Hamilton crashes out in Friday Practice
- Tour de France: Chris Froome extends lead despite crash as Romain Bardet wins stage
- Missing IAF plane: Parrikar likely to visit Chennai tomorrow