Army foils infiltration bid in Jammu
Jammu: Troops from the Indian Army foiled an infiltration attempt from Pakistan across the Line of Control (LoC) in Rajouri district of the Jammu region late on Friday night, said an Army spokesman.
According to the spokesman, Army troops deployed on the LoC in the Jhangar sector of Rajouri district, about 120 km north-west of Jammu, observed suspicious movement of three people on late Friday night.
"As the infiltrators moving along the barbed wire fence came closer to the army post, they were challenged by troops. In response, the intruders went into hiding in the bushes and fired a burst of small arms fire," said the official.
He added that troops retaliated in the direction from where the movement had been observed. The exchange of fire stopped after two-three minutes.
The spokesman said, "The intruders probably retreated, taking advantage of the darkness and thick vegetation. However, a search party was organised at day-break to search for any injured person, or any left-over stores, in the vicinity."
The troops are carrying out intense search operations in the area.
There was an infiltration attempt in the Gambhir area of Rajouri district May-end, in which one infiltrator was shot dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Priyanka Chopra is granny's little girl! Throwback pic inside
- Ram Jethamalani, Lalu's daughter Misa Bharti file nominations for Rajya Sabha from RJD
- AIB's Tanmay Bhat in trouble as MNS files complaint against him over video on Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar
- Incredible! This leaning Shiva Temple in Varanasi is partially submerged in Ganga
- Banks checking loan applicant's capacity to repay on Facebook, LinkedIn