Army foils infiltration bid in J&K
Jammu: Army troops on Tuesday foiled an infiltration bid after a brief exchange of fire along the Line of Control in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Surveillance devices picked up the movement of a group of three suspected militants inside Indian territory along LoC in Ghambir-Tarkundi belt of Bhimber gali sub-sector in Poonch district around 0200 hours, a senior Army official told PTI.
The troops guarding the border attempted to stop the suspected militants, following which the intruders opened fire at the troops, he said.
The troops retaliated, he said, adding that, the firing ended after 20 minutes.
During the search operation conducted this morning, a body of a suspected militant was found, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family