Army foils infiltration bid in J&K
Jammu: Army troops on Tuesday foiled an infiltration bid after a brief exchange of fire along the Line of Control in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Surveillance devices picked up the movement of a group of three suspected militants inside Indian territory along LoC in Ghambir-Tarkundi belt of Bhimber gali sub-sector in Poonch district around 0200 hours, a senior Army official told PTI.
The troops guarding the border attempted to stop the suspected militants, following which the intruders opened fire at the troops, he said.
The troops retaliated, he said, adding that, the firing ended after 20 minutes.
During the search operation conducted this morning, a body of a suspected militant was found, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding