Army foils infiltration bid in J&K
Jammu: Army troops on Tuesday foiled an infiltration bid after a brief exchange of fire along the Line of Control in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Surveillance devices picked up the movement of a group of three suspected militants inside Indian territory along LoC in Ghambir-Tarkundi belt of Bhimber gali sub-sector in Poonch district around 0200 hours, a senior Army official told PTI.
The troops guarding the border attempted to stop the suspected militants, following which the intruders opened fire at the troops, he said.
The troops retaliated, he said, adding that, the firing ended after 20 minutes.
During the search operation conducted this morning, a body of a suspected militant was found, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test