Army foils infiltration bid in J&K
Jammu: Army troops on Tuesday foiled an infiltration bid after a brief exchange of fire along the Line of Control in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Surveillance devices picked up the movement of a group of three suspected militants inside Indian territory along LoC in Ghambir-Tarkundi belt of Bhimber gali sub-sector in Poonch district around 0200 hours, a senior Army official told PTI.
The troops guarding the border attempted to stop the suspected militants, following which the intruders opened fire at the troops, he said.
The troops retaliated, he said, adding that, the firing ended after 20 minutes.
During the search operation conducted this morning, a body of a suspected militant was found, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere