Army foils infiltration bid in Poonch
Jammu: Army troops foiled an infiltration bid along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
A group of militants were trying to cross the border in Banawat forward area in Poonch district around late last night, PRO, Defence S N Acharya said.
The troops guarding the border picked up the movement of the militants and opened small arms fire on them, he said, adding, the ultras escaped back into the Pakistan side under the cover of darkness.
Troops guarding the border have been put on high alert in view of reports of attempts being made to infiltrate militants into this side of the border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'