Army foils infiltration bid; Pak intruder killed
Jammu: Army troops have scuttled an infiltration bid from across the border and shot dead a Pakistani intruder in Rajouri district along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir.
Suspicious movement of an intruder was detected by troops along LoC in the general area Pokhra of Naoshera sector of Rajouri last night, defence spokesman said.
On being challenged, the intruder jumped into a drain and tried to flee, the spokesman said, adding that he was shot dead by the troops.
The body of the intruder was recovered by our troops and handed over to Naoshera police station this morning, he said.
The slain intruder, identified as Mohd Maqsood and aged around 30 to 35 years, was a resident of Bhimber district of Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir, he said.
Pakistani currency and paper slips containing a few telephone numbers, were recovered from the body of slain intruder, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH