Army foils second infiltration bid ahead of PM`s Jammu and Kashmir visit
Jammu: Ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s visit to Jammu and Kashmir, Army troops on Thursday foiled second infiltration bid in less than 24 hours by a group of terrorists along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district.
"A group of terrorists crossed in to Indian territory from Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (PoK) along LoC in Krishnagati (KG) sector of Poonch district in the early hours of this morning," Col Munish Mehta said.
Alert troops spotted the group of intruders who on being challenged opened fired at the troops triggering a gunfight, he said, adding there was no loss of life on this side of border.
The exchange of fires were going on when the reports last came from the area of Balnoie.
This is second major infiltration bid by Pakistan-based terrorists in less than 24 hours in KG sector ahead of visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Jammu and Kashmir.
Troops had last night foiled the infiltration bid in the same area.
The LoC has become active in view of the infiltration bid and ceasefire violations in last one week.
On the intervening night of June 30 and July 1, violating the ceasefire, Pakistani troops targeted Indian posts along the Line of Control (LoC) in Mendhar sub-sector of Poonch district, forcing Indian forces to retaliate effectively.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis