Army forms special avalanche rescue team to prevent casualties in J&K
Pahalgam: In the wake of heavy snowfall and several casualties due to avalanches in Pahalgam town of Jammu and Kashmir, Army personnel underwent special training programme.
The Rashtriya Rifles have formed a 20-member team with special training and equipment to rescue people trapped in avalanches.
Incessant snowfall due to the influence of western disturbances often results in snowstorms and avalanches in the state.
The Commanding Officer of 3 Rashtriya Rifles, DK Malik, said that the Army personnel are being trained to deal with any such natural calamity so that they are well equipped to provide first aid treatment to the rescued people.
"We have formed an avalanche rescue team to prevent any causality. The team is capable enough to reach at any place in any weather. They can immediately evacuate the people and provide medical attention. The team can also take them to nearby hospitals if necessary," said Malik.
The soldiers, undergoing special training, said that this step would help to strengthen the bond between locals and the Army.
One of the team members, Sunny Singh, appreciated the efforts of their commanding officer to organise the special training.
"In the wake of heavy snowfall, our commanding officer has organised training. We are undergoing training as to how we can rescue the civilians and the soldiers," said Singh.
Reportedly, quick action team has been kept on high alert after the recent snow avalanches that hit the state.
The forces are also being briefed about the dos and don’ts during the rescue operations and are being acquainted with the avalanche equipments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'