Army-IAF hold meet to improve coordination in J&K
Jammu: Officers of the IAF and Army held a meeting at Northern Command headquarters in Udhampur district for improving coordination between the forces to meet the challenges of the security situation in Jammu and Kashmir.
"A high-level Army-Air Force Staff Officers Interaction was held at Northern Command headquarters from January 27-28 to improve inter services cooperation in Jammu and Kashmir," Defence spokesman said here on Tuesday.
The meeting was jointly chaired by Lt Gen Sanjiv Chachra, GOC-in-C, Northern Command and Air Marshal SS Soman, Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Western Air Command.
During the two-day meet, issues of synergy between the Army and the Air Force operations were discussed in detail. Aspects of peace time operations being conducted in Jammu and Kashmir by the two services were also covered, the spokesman said.
Earlier in the day, Air Marshal SS Soman paid tributes at Dhurva War Memorial dedicated to the martyrs of Northern Command.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured