Army-IAF hold meet to improve coordination in J&K
Jammu: Officers of the IAF and Army held a meeting at Northern Command headquarters in Udhampur district for improving coordination between the forces to meet the challenges of the security situation in Jammu and Kashmir.
"A high-level Army-Air Force Staff Officers Interaction was held at Northern Command headquarters from January 27-28 to improve inter services cooperation in Jammu and Kashmir," Defence spokesman said here on Tuesday.
The meeting was jointly chaired by Lt Gen Sanjiv Chachra, GOC-in-C, Northern Command and Air Marshal SS Soman, Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Western Air Command.
During the two-day meet, issues of synergy between the Army and the Air Force operations were discussed in detail. Aspects of peace time operations being conducted in Jammu and Kashmir by the two services were also covered, the spokesman said.
Earlier in the day, Air Marshal SS Soman paid tributes at Dhurva War Memorial dedicated to the martyrs of Northern Command.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside