Army-IAF hold meet to improve coordination in J&K
Jammu: Officers of the IAF and Army held a meeting at Northern Command headquarters in Udhampur district for improving coordination between the forces to meet the challenges of the security situation in Jammu and Kashmir.
"A high-level Army-Air Force Staff Officers Interaction was held at Northern Command headquarters from January 27-28 to improve inter services cooperation in Jammu and Kashmir," Defence spokesman said here on Tuesday.
The meeting was jointly chaired by Lt Gen Sanjiv Chachra, GOC-in-C, Northern Command and Air Marshal SS Soman, Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Western Air Command.
During the two-day meet, issues of synergy between the Army and the Air Force operations were discussed in detail. Aspects of peace time operations being conducted in Jammu and Kashmir by the two services were also covered, the spokesman said.
Earlier in the day, Air Marshal SS Soman paid tributes at Dhurva War Memorial dedicated to the martyrs of Northern Command.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman