Army-IAF hold meet to improve coordination in J&K
Jammu: Officers of the IAF and Army held a meeting at Northern Command headquarters in Udhampur district for improving coordination between the forces to meet the challenges of the security situation in Jammu and Kashmir.
"A high-level Army-Air Force Staff Officers Interaction was held at Northern Command headquarters from January 27-28 to improve inter services cooperation in Jammu and Kashmir," Defence spokesman said here on Tuesday.
The meeting was jointly chaired by Lt Gen Sanjiv Chachra, GOC-in-C, Northern Command and Air Marshal SS Soman, Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Western Air Command.
During the two-day meet, issues of synergy between the Army and the Air Force operations were discussed in detail. Aspects of peace time operations being conducted in Jammu and Kashmir by the two services were also covered, the spokesman said.
Earlier in the day, Air Marshal SS Soman paid tributes at Dhurva War Memorial dedicated to the martyrs of Northern Command.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city