Army jawan among 2 injured in mine blasts in Poonch
Jammu: An Army jawan and a civilian were injured in two separate mine blasts in the border belt of Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district, officials said today.
During patrolling in the forward area, Mohd Maroof of the 17th Battalion of Jammu and Kashmir Light Infantry (JKLI) stepped on a mine resulting in explosion at Dugwar along the Line of Control in Poonch district yesterday.
The jawan suffered injuries and had to be hospitalised, the officials said, adding that he was out of danger.
In another incident, a civilian, Mohmmad Ayoub, stepped on a mine leading to an explosion while he was grazing cattle in Karmara belt of Poonch district last evening.
He was also hospitalised, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday