Army jawan among 2 injured in mine blasts in Poonch
Jammu: An Army jawan and a civilian were injured in two separate mine blasts in the border belt of Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district, officials said today.
During patrolling in the forward area, Mohd Maroof of the 17th Battalion of Jammu and Kashmir Light Infantry (JKLI) stepped on a mine resulting in explosion at Dugwar along the Line of Control in Poonch district yesterday.
The jawan suffered injuries and had to be hospitalised, the officials said, adding that he was out of danger.
In another incident, a civilian, Mohmmad Ayoub, stepped on a mine leading to an explosion while he was grazing cattle in Karmara belt of Poonch district last evening.
He was also hospitalised, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city