Army jawan among 2 injured in mine blasts in Poonch
Jammu: An Army jawan and a civilian were injured in two separate mine blasts in the border belt of Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district, officials said today.
During patrolling in the forward area, Mohd Maroof of the 17th Battalion of Jammu and Kashmir Light Infantry (JKLI) stepped on a mine resulting in explosion at Dugwar along the Line of Control in Poonch district yesterday.
The jawan suffered injuries and had to be hospitalised, the officials said, adding that he was out of danger.
In another incident, a civilian, Mohmmad Ayoub, stepped on a mine leading to an explosion while he was grazing cattle in Karmara belt of Poonch district last evening.
He was also hospitalised, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far