Army Jawan among two injured in firing in J&K
Jammu: Two persons including an Army jawan were injured in separate incidents of firing at Rajouri and Jammu districts of the state, police said on Sunday.
Under mysterious circumstances, Sepoy Deepak Gora was injured by a bullet fired from his weapon at an Army unit in Sunderbani belt of Rajouri, they said.
The injured Army jawan has been hospitalised and a case in the matter registered.
In another case, one Omkar Singh in a fit of anger fired a bullet at his 40-year-old son Lakhwinder injuring him late last night in his residence at Tope Sherkhanian area of Jammu city, police said.
Lakhwinder has been hospitalised and on his complaint, the police arrested Omkar and recovered the weapon from his possession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Al Qaeda and Syria branch split up
- Chidambaram rejects FM Jaitley's remarks over inflation
- Single Indian women want to write their own marriage vows
- Traffic nightmare in Gurgaon; waterlogging on NH8 hits Delhi-Jaipur route, schools shut
- India's doping shame: 687 athletes banned since 2009 as per NADA records