Army Jawan among two injured in firing in J&K
Jammu: Two persons including an Army jawan were injured in separate incidents of firing at Rajouri and Jammu districts of the state, police said on Sunday.
Under mysterious circumstances, Sepoy Deepak Gora was injured by a bullet fired from his weapon at an Army unit in Sunderbani belt of Rajouri, they said.
The injured Army jawan has been hospitalised and a case in the matter registered.
In another case, one Omkar Singh in a fit of anger fired a bullet at his 40-year-old son Lakhwinder injuring him late last night in his residence at Tope Sherkhanian area of Jammu city, police said.
Lakhwinder has been hospitalised and on his complaint, the police arrested Omkar and recovered the weapon from his possession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state