Army Jawan among two injured in firing in J&K
Jammu: Two persons including an Army jawan were injured in separate incidents of firing at Rajouri and Jammu districts of the state, police said on Sunday.
Under mysterious circumstances, Sepoy Deepak Gora was injured by a bullet fired from his weapon at an Army unit in Sunderbani belt of Rajouri, they said.
The injured Army jawan has been hospitalised and a case in the matter registered.
In another case, one Omkar Singh in a fit of anger fired a bullet at his 40-year-old son Lakhwinder injuring him late last night in his residence at Tope Sherkhanian area of Jammu city, police said.
Lakhwinder has been hospitalised and on his complaint, the police arrested Omkar and recovered the weapon from his possession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM