Army jawan commits suicide in Udhampur
Jammu: An army jawan has allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said today.
Balwant Singh, a Territorial Army jawan, committed suicide yesterday near village Lanu in Udhampur district.
Singh was rushed to a district hospital at Udhampur by the family members where doctors declared him as brought dead, they said.
The body has been handed over to his family members after conducting legal formalities, they said.
Police has registered a case and a probe is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?