Army jawan commits suicide in Udhampur
Jammu: An army jawan has allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said today.
Balwant Singh, a Territorial Army jawan, committed suicide yesterday near village Lanu in Udhampur district.
Singh was rushed to a district hospital at Udhampur by the family members where doctors declared him as brought dead, they said.
The body has been handed over to his family members after conducting legal formalities, they said.
Police has registered a case and a probe is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- RBL Bank's IPO oversubscribed 3 times on Day 2
- GST promises to boost GDP growth rates by up to 2%: President
- Vodafone to start e-KYC from Aug 24 for instant SIM activation
- Belgian jazz musician Toots Thielemans dies at 94
- Finance Ministry expects new RBI Governor Urjit Patel to push growth while checking inflation