Army jawan commits suicide in Udhampur
Jammu: An army jawan has allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said today.
Balwant Singh, a Territorial Army jawan, committed suicide yesterday near village Lanu in Udhampur district.
Singh was rushed to a district hospital at Udhampur by the family members where doctors declared him as brought dead, they said.
The body has been handed over to his family members after conducting legal formalities, they said.
Police has registered a case and a probe is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city