Army jawan commits suicide in Udhampur
Jammu: An army jawan has allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said today.
Balwant Singh, a Territorial Army jawan, committed suicide yesterday near village Lanu in Udhampur district.
Singh was rushed to a district hospital at Udhampur by the family members where doctors declared him as brought dead, they said.
The body has been handed over to his family members after conducting legal formalities, they said.
Police has registered a case and a probe is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MUST WATCH: When Virat Kohli toyed with Aussie attack
- Shocking: Maoist cadre reveals how women are exploited sexually by commanders
- French police ask Nice to destroy CCTV images of attack
- India avoided adverse Brexit effect, now a safe haven: FM Jaitley
- AAP leaders defend Bhagwant Mann, say similar videos available on Lok Sabha website