Army jawan dies in J&K
Jammu: An Army jawan died under suspicious circumstances, officials said here on Thursday.
Lance Naik Ajeet Singh allegedly suffered from severe headache and fainted in Army camp in Domana area of the city yesterday, officials said.
“He was shifted to Military hospital in Satwari area, where doctors declared him brought dead. His body has been shifted to his native place in Punjab,” they said.
“Postmortem report is awaited which will reveal the cause of his death,” they said.
Meanwhile, Army jawan Jitender Singh allegedly attempted suicide by shooting himself during his guard duty, they said.
Singh shot himself with his service rifle and injured his shoulder, they said, adding that he has been hospitalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends