Army jawan dies in J&K
Jammu: An Army jawan died under suspicious circumstances, officials said here on Thursday.
Lance Naik Ajeet Singh allegedly suffered from severe headache and fainted in Army camp in Domana area of the city yesterday, officials said.
“He was shifted to Military hospital in Satwari area, where doctors declared him brought dead. His body has been shifted to his native place in Punjab,” they said.
“Postmortem report is awaited which will reveal the cause of his death,” they said.
Meanwhile, Army jawan Jitender Singh allegedly attempted suicide by shooting himself during his guard duty, they said.
Singh shot himself with his service rifle and injured his shoulder, they said, adding that he has been hospitalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY