Army jawan dies in LoC firing
Srinagar: An Army jawan was killed in
exchange of firing with militants who tried to infiltrate
through the Line of Control in North Kashmir`s Kupwara
district, officials said here on Saturday.
The Army jawan was injured when an encounter broke out
between security personnel and militants yesterday in Bangus
valley of Kupwara district, 110 kms from here, they said.
The injured jawan succumbed to his injuries late last
night, they said.
The infiltration bid of the militants was foiled.
A massive search operation is going on in the forests
of Kupwara to ensure that the militants are not able to
sneak into the Valley.
There have been eight infiltration bids foiled by the
troops in Kupwara district over the past 10 days. Five army
personnel, including a Junior Commissioned Officer, and as
many militants were killed in the gunbattles following the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town