Army jawan dies in LoC firing
Srinagar: An Army jawan was killed in
exchange of firing with militants who tried to infiltrate
through the Line of Control in North Kashmir`s Kupwara
district, officials said here on Saturday.
The Army jawan was injured when an encounter broke out
between security personnel and militants yesterday in Bangus
valley of Kupwara district, 110 kms from here, they said.
The injured jawan succumbed to his injuries late last
night, they said.
The infiltration bid of the militants was foiled.
A massive search operation is going on in the forests
of Kupwara to ensure that the militants are not able to
sneak into the Valley.
There have been eight infiltration bids foiled by the
troops in Kupwara district over the past 10 days. Five army
personnel, including a Junior Commissioned Officer, and as
many militants were killed in the gunbattles following the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey