Army jawan dies of poisoning in Samba
Jammu: An army jawan died due to
poisoning in Samba district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said Wednesday.
Ajay Kumar (25) of the 12 Jammu and Kashmir Rifles
(JAK RIF) posted in Pathankote, had gone on leave to his place
in Yugpur village in Samba district, when he collapsed in a
lane yesterday, they said.
Villagers shifted him to a hospital, where doctors
washed his stomach, which contained some poisonous substances,
they said, adding that he later died in the hospital.
Police has registered a case and started investigation
into the incident as they suspect some persons had
deliberately given Kumar some poisonous substance to loot him,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY