Army jawan electrocuted in Kupwara

An Army jawan was electrocuted after he came in contact with a live wire inside a camp in Kupwara district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Monday.

PTI| Last Updated: Nov 11, 2013, 18:44 PM IST

Srinagar: An Army jawan was electrocuted after he came in contact with a live wire inside a camp in Kupwara district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Monday.
Sepoy Meghnethima accidentally touched the electricity wire at Zangli camp in the border district of Kupwara, 95 kms from here, last night, a police spokesman said.
He died on the spot.

Meghnethima`s body was handed over to his unit after completion of all legal formalities, while inquest proceedings into the incident are under way.