Army jawan found dead under suspicious circumstance
Jammu: An Army jawan was found dead in toilet of an Army transit camp here under suspicious circumstances, a defence spokesperson said today.
Army jawan Sepoy Jitinder Singh, who was returning to his posting in 37 Rashtriya Rifles in Mendhar belt of Poonch district after availing leave, was found dead in toilet of 213 transit camp last night, the spokesperson said.
It appeared that Singh, hailing from Tarn Taran belt of Punjab, had taken some injections before his death, he said.
Army has ordered a Court of Inquiry and a case has been registered in this regard, he said.
Police have recovered the body and conducted postmortem, results of which are awaited, he said.
The body has been handed over to the Army, which will hand it over to his family for last rites, he said.
In another incident, Jawan Vijay Kumar, who had come home on leave, died due to electrocution in Noushera belt of Rajouri district this morning, a police officer said.
The body was recovered, postmortem conducted and handed over to the family for last rites, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror