Army jawan found dead under suspicious circumstance
Jammu: An Army jawan was found dead in toilet of an Army transit camp here under suspicious circumstances, a defence spokesperson said today.
Army jawan Sepoy Jitinder Singh, who was returning to his posting in 37 Rashtriya Rifles in Mendhar belt of Poonch district after availing leave, was found dead in toilet of 213 transit camp last night, the spokesperson said.
It appeared that Singh, hailing from Tarn Taran belt of Punjab, had taken some injections before his death, he said.
Army has ordered a Court of Inquiry and a case has been registered in this regard, he said.
Police have recovered the body and conducted postmortem, results of which are awaited, he said.
The body has been handed over to the Army, which will hand it over to his family for last rites, he said.
In another incident, Jawan Vijay Kumar, who had come home on leave, died due to electrocution in Noushera belt of Rajouri district this morning, a police officer said.
The body was recovered, postmortem conducted and handed over to the family for last rites, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH