Army jawan found dead under suspicious circumstance
Jammu: An Army jawan was found dead in toilet of an Army transit camp here under suspicious circumstances, a defence spokesperson said today.
Army jawan Sepoy Jitinder Singh, who was returning to his posting in 37 Rashtriya Rifles in Mendhar belt of Poonch district after availing leave, was found dead in toilet of 213 transit camp last night, the spokesperson said.
It appeared that Singh, hailing from Tarn Taran belt of Punjab, had taken some injections before his death, he said.
Army has ordered a Court of Inquiry and a case has been registered in this regard, he said.
Police have recovered the body and conducted postmortem, results of which are awaited, he said.
The body has been handed over to the Army, which will hand it over to his family for last rites, he said.
In another incident, Jawan Vijay Kumar, who had come home on leave, died due to electrocution in Noushera belt of Rajouri district this morning, a police officer said.
The body was recovered, postmortem conducted and handed over to the family for last rites, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border
- Italy quake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Syria launched chemical attacks, IS used mustard gas: UN report