Army jawan killed, another injured in avalanche
Srinagar: An Army jawan was on Saturday killed and another injured in a snow avalanche in Kargil district of Ladakh region, officials said.
Sepoys Rajiv G and Satish Patil of Army`s 168 Field Regiment came under the snow avalanche in the wee hours this morning at Chinigund, they said.
While Rajiv was killed, Patil was rescued, they said.
The authorities last evening issued an avalance alert for many border areas of Kashmir division, including Kargil, following fresh snowfall in higher reaches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves