Army jawan killed, another injured in avalanche
Srinagar: An Army jawan was on Saturday killed and another injured in a snow avalanche in Kargil district of Ladakh region, officials said.
Sepoys Rajiv G and Satish Patil of Army`s 168 Field Regiment came under the snow avalanche in the wee hours this morning at Chinigund, they said.
While Rajiv was killed, Patil was rescued, they said.
The authorities last evening issued an avalance alert for many border areas of Kashmir division, including Kargil, following fresh snowfall in higher reaches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video