Army jawan killed in militant firing
Srinagar: An Army jawan was on Tuesday killed in militant firing on a security picket in Kupwara district of north Kashmir, officials said.
Militants opened fire on Rani post in Handwara, 90-kms from here, in the wee hours, wounding Lance Naik Rajesh Kumar, they said.
He later succumbed to the injuries at hospital.
Efforts are on to nab the militants, who fled in the face of retaliation by security personnel, they said.
No militant outfit has so far claimed responsibility for the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...