Army jawan killed in militant firing
Srinagar: An Army jawan was on Tuesday killed in militant firing on a security picket in Kupwara district of north Kashmir, officials said.
Militants opened fire on Rani post in Handwara, 90-kms from here, in the wee hours, wounding Lance Naik Rajesh Kumar, they said.
He later succumbed to the injuries at hospital.
Efforts are on to nab the militants, who fled in the face of retaliation by security personnel, they said.
No militant outfit has so far claimed responsibility for the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened