Army jawan killed in militant firing
Srinagar: An Army jawan was on Tuesday killed in militant firing on a security picket in Kupwara district of north Kashmir, officials said.
Militants opened fire on Rani post in Handwara, 90-kms from here, in the wee hours, wounding Lance Naik Rajesh Kumar, they said.
He later succumbed to the injuries at hospital.
Efforts are on to nab the militants, who fled in the face of retaliation by security personnel, they said.
No militant outfit has so far claimed responsibility for the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?